1. Flattering Leotards: Try dance leos; the dance industry has been making leotards for adult performers for a looooong time. They have many varieties of flattering shapes and construction materials (e.g. not shinny) for adult figures.
2. Kinesio Tape – a fantastic invention only known in Japan and then to Athletic Trainers for many years and it’s now available to the public. However, you need to know how to tape for your specific issue and which tape to use, but once you’ve tried it you’ll be an instant fan. There are a few how-to videos on their YouTube Channel.
3. Fix Your Technique – with the Open Shoulder Trainer from Tumbletrak or get a conditioning and technique workout DVD from the best in the business; Tammy Biggs has Conditioning, Shaping & Flex with Sliders or Jay Thornton’s GymAbStics Total Body Fitness
4. The best sports bra EVER INVENTED! For B’s and above the Champion’s Powerback Underwire Sports Bra is fantastic. It gives you the flattering form of a Victoria Secret T-Shirt bra while providing jog-worthy compression, all without suffocation, spillage or an ugly straight line across your chest. It even snaps in the back so that you won’t dislocate your shoulders trying to take it off.
5. Tiger Paws to support cranky wrists. You can also buy a single paw for that wrist that refuses to heal from the time you did 100 back handsprings in a row on beam when you were 12. They even come in sassy colors and prints in case you want to walk on your hands at the club. Holla!