I love to see drills that save our bones from the pounding of tumbling on floor. TumbleTrak always does a nice job of finding out how gyms are really using their equipment. Aside from the tumbling, I like the drop in drills for free hips and drop kips (of course you don’t need an air floor for those). Some great ideas here:
Thanks to GymnasticsCoaching.com for the find.
Adult Meet at Capital Gymnastics
Date: Saturday, October 1
Time: Warmups at 6pm, meet at 7:30pm
Entry fee: $40
Entry deadline: Wednesday, September 21st
Open to adults of all ages and abilities
Awards in each age group (18-29, 30-39, 40+)
Participation medals for all participants
- All women’s and men’s events
- On all events, gymnasts can use extra mats and/or a “spot” for safety
- For floor, gymnasts may do their tumbling passes for their floor routines on the rod floor into the resi.
- For vault, gymnasts may use the vaulting table or do the level 4 vault to the resi.
- For pommel horse, gymnasts may do a routine on the mushroom. (This is a great idea. Nice touch!)
Any profits will be donated to the Special Olympics. There will also be a bake sale and media coverage by Gymnastike. Their goal is to have a very laid back, fun meet.
Capital Gymnastics is about a half an hour outside of DC, depending on traffic, in Burke, Virginia.